Student Services

OMHS School Counseling Mission Statement

The School Counseling Staff at Oakland Mills High School delivers a comprehensive program plan that provides all students equal access to the best education that prepares them to be successful and contributing members of society. The School Counseling staff empowers all students to achieve their highest goals and potential. We collaborate with our students, families, staff, and community organizations. We value all our students' lived experiences empowering them to be their authentic self by treating all with dignity and respect as unique individuals.


Claudia Bright | Registrar: H-Z |
Wendy Christian | Student Services Secretary |
Grace Dellinger | College and Career Readiness Advisor |
LaTia Douglas | School Counselor: Lov-Par |
Kara Fick | School Counselor: Sn-Z |
Natalia Hart | School Counselor: Gra-Lop |
Jennifer Hopkins | Registrar: A-Gor |
Leo Quinn | School Counselor: Ch-Gor |
Brianna Scheuneman | School Psychologist |
Dana Scott | School Counselor, Pas-Sm |
Donna Ueckermann | School Counselor: A-Cer |

Essential Resources

College Resources

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →