JROTC Out of District Application for the 2024-2025 School Year
- A student who wishes to participate in the JROTC program, but does not attend one of the schools that offers the program, may apply to the JROTC program at Oakland Mills High School.
- Applications will be accepted through December 12, 2023 for the 2024-2025 school year.
- Interviews with OMHS JROTC staff will take place between November 15, 2023 and January 5, 2024.
- Acceptance to the JROTC program is based on application, interview, and enrollment availability.
- Acceptance to the program will be made in January and parents will have to make a decision at that time.
- If you would like to apply to the JROTC Program at OMHS, please complete the Online Application
Once the application is complete, a member of our JROTC program will contact the parent/guardian to schedule an interview.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Col. Bradly Scherer at 410-313-6945.
The Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (JROTC) provides a citizenship, character, and leadership development program for high school students. It is a cooperative effort between Howard County Public School System, the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force. JROTC instruction prepares students in grades 9-12 for leadership roles while making them aware of their rights, responsibilities, and privileges, as American citizens through rigorous instruction and hands-on activities.