Morning Announcements - Wednesday, March 15, 2017Wed, 03/15/2017 - 9:41am
- The SAT word of the day is hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is a noun meaning the act of pretending to be or believe something which is not true. The blatant hypocrisy of the politician's remarks was evident to most in the audience.
- The answer to Monday’s question, the first film to earn an Oscar for best female director, was The Hurt Locker. Here’s today’s question: This famous WWII female icon has a few different origin stories: some say she’s based off a contemporary Canadian symbol “Ronnie, the Bren Gun Girl.” Others say she was inspired by Rose Will Monroe, a Michigan factory worker. Who was this notable American woman, best known for her slogan "We Can Do It!"
- The Alpha Achiever’s meeting originally scheduled for yesterday will be held today during 2nd period. The gentlemen should have passes.
- The Escorpiones Latinos Club is meeting this Thursday at 2:15PM in room 411. Everyone is welcomed!
- It is almost time for The Oakland Mills High School Talent Show. The Talent Show will be Thursday, April 6, 2017. Auditions will be held Thursday, March 23rd at 3 PM. If you are interested in participating, please sign-up at the Alpha Achievers office (right across from the cafeteria). See Mr. James if you have questions.
- Seniors, the deadline for the PTSA $500 scholarship is almost here. Applications must be in by 9AM., April 18th. There is only 1 question to answer. Don’t wait until the last minute. Get your application in Guidance now!
- Come on out and support FAB on Monday, March 20th from 6-9 PM at Panera on Dobbin Road. No flyer is needed, and our arts programs will receive 10% of all sales.
- Today for lunch we are having popcorn chicken, port ribique sub or grilled cheese.