Morning Announcements - Thursday, March 16, 2017Thu, 03/16/2017 - 10:41am
- The SAT word of the day is transitory. Transitory is an adjective meaning temporary, short-lived, brief. Aside from a transitory period in his youth where he listened to punk music, Josh had always listened exclusively to classical music.
- The answer to yesterday’s question, the WWII symbol for American women, was Rosie the Riveter. Here’s today’s question: in 1983, Sally Ride made history by becoming the first American woman in space aboard the Space Shuttle Challenger. However, the honor of being the first woman in space went to Valentina Tereshkova who flew on Vostok 6. Which country sent the very first woman to space in 1963?
- The Escorpiones Latinos Club is meeting today after school in room 411. Everyone is welcomed!
- There will be a VIBES meeting today after school in room 307, Mrs. Stavinski's room. Please come join us! Both old members and new!
- The last date to withdraw from a second semester course has been moved from Friday, March 17th to Monday, March 20th, due to the snow day. Beginning on Tuesday, students who withdraw (and not transfer levels) will receive a W on their transcript and report card.
- Come cheer on a team of Oakland Mills administrators and teachers as they participate in the Strutting with the Staff dance contest on March 22 from 7-9 PM at the Jim Rouse Theater in Wilde Lake High School. Help OM win by voting with dollars online at www.brightmindsfoundation.org or on March 22 at the event. $1=1 vote! Tickets are $5 on the Bright Minds web site or you can purchase your tickets on the night of the event.
- Come on out and support FAB on Monday, March 20th from 6-9 PM at Panera on Dobbin Road. No flyer is needed, and our arts programs will receive 10% of all sales.
- The first rehearsal for the OM Spring Show will be this Saturday at 10:30 AM. All students will need to attend. We will be rehearsing the show's finale, "I Got You".
- Today for lunch we are having penne w/meat sauce, chicken patty sandwich or Philly cheese steak.