Morning Announcements - Monday, March 13, 2017Mon, 03/13/2017 - 9:59am
- The SAT word of the day is accessible. Accessible is an adjective meaning able to be reached or able to understand. Concerned that cultural events be accessible to all, the opera decided to drastically reduce ticket prices for some of its performances.
- The answer to Friday’s question, the connection between O’Connor, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kagan, is that they are or were Supreme Court Justices. Here’s today’s question: In 2010, Kathryn Bigelow made Academy Award history as the first woman to win an Oscar for Best Director. Her film was about a US Army bomb squad in Iraq, and it won six Academy Awards. What was the name of this film by Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow?
- Congratulations to the newly elected National Honor Society officers! President: Helen Mann, Vice President: Ryan Preston, Secretary: Jason McSweeney, Treasurer: William Mah, Historian: Tommy Zhang and Parliamentarian: Brynn Rhodes
- We will be holding a sophomore class meeting on Wednesday, March 15th during Scorp Time. All 10th graders should report to the auditorium during Scorp Time on Wednesday.
- It is almost time for The Oakland Mills High School Talent Show. The Talent Show will be Thursday, April 6, 2017. Auditions will be held Thursday, March 23rd at 3 PM. If you are interested in participating, please sign-up at the Alpha Achievers office (right across from the cafeteria). See Mr. James if you have questions.
- Attention any students in need of tutoring, the Alpha Achievers are hosting a tutoring program in the Media Center on Mondays after school from 2:10 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Seniors, the deadline for the PTSA $500 scholarship is almost here. Applications must be in by 9AM., April 18th. There is only 1 question to answer. Don’t wait until the last minute. Get your application in Guidance now!
- The Merit Cart Store will be open today. Don't forget to bring your merits to lunch.
- Today for lunch we are having hamburger/cheeseburger, chicken nuggets or hot vegetable sub.